Tuesday 4 January 2011

Question 4. How did you use media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?

Question 4. How did you use media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?


Video camera and microphones
The video camera allowed us to capture the footage for our documentary, Without it the documentary would not have been filmed. The microphone is also essential as it provides a better sound quality than the cameras built in microphone would, therefore getting a clearer and more professional sounding interview. We also used a tripod which helped keep the camera upright and steady for a clearer shot.


Stills camera


The stills camera was used so we could take pictures as evidence of our filming. We also used the stills camera during our audience feedback, to photograph our focus group whilst watching our productions.


Blogger


We use blogger in order to present our coursework in a fun and interactive way by uploading videos and pictures.




Adobe premier pro


At first I found using Adobe premier pro difficult to use because I had not used it for a couple of years. But once I got used to all the different tools I found it fairly easy to grasp onto and started to enjoy the editing process. it had tools that allowed us to add the graphic onto the interviews, to cut out sections of filming. It also enabled us to fast forward or rewind certain clips.


Adobe photoshop


We used photoshop last year, so I just had to remind myself of certain tools, which I quickly grasped a hold of using again. The polaroids of the celebrities meant that i was able to make normal pictures more like my own in a more creative way than just have still images shown.


Ice radio recording suite


I had never used the equipment in this room so it was all new to me, but once it had been explained i was able to open a new file to record over, set the levels, turn the microphone on and successfully save the recorded work.
Internet
The internet is one of the key technologies because without it i would not have been able to upload any of my work or researched into the topic i was going to study. the internet allowed me to get onto to blogger and also receive some of my audience feedback due to facebook.


Computer
The production work was mostly based on the computer, I used different software programmes, such as; microsoft word in order to make graphs from my target audience research questionnaire, I also did my running order on word. With out a computer being available at all times it would have been difficult to keep on top of all of the tasks that were asked.


Mobile phone
I used my mobile for many things as I took some pictures when i was out filming with it, i also used it to do some voice recordings. I also used it to video record some answering my target audience questionnaire.


DVD player
We used a DVD player when watching examples of documentaries, in order to prepare us for what our production would look like.


Windows movie maker






















In the evaluation process I have also used Window Live movie maker. This programme allows me to make quick simple videos in order to show my evaluation in a more fun and interactive way. It also allows me to put on voice clips as blogger does not allow me to do this.


Over time New media technologies have developed over time, and because of the huge impact on us they allow us to experiment with them to produce new and exciting products. The technologies we have used throughout have been very helpful in our production of our documentary, without them our product may now have been as high of a standard it could have been and that I would have hoped to produce. The equipment we used was smaller and lighter to enable us to carry it around and easily put together.

New technologies have now enabled us to produce new types of documentaries, therefore meaning that older forms for example the very rare Intervactive documentaries are becoming less common, Because of the development in new technologies this method may still be used regularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment